Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Welcome to Indie Shorts

Welcome to Indie Shorts. This is a review site that hopes to help out a lot of people who like shorts.

Why I started it: I'm a mom. I'm busy. I used to have one of those carefree lives when I could read wonderful novels all day long. Well, now my time for reading is less, and with ebooks, I can find books that actually fill my free time just right.

However, it's hard when it comes to choosing the right one. Samples are really little and with copyright info, pictures, and anything else the author puts in there, it makes the sample even smaller. So I have to rely on my gut instinct and reviews.

Then, you have the number of how long the book is, but the author suddenly figured 'hey, let's throw in the first chapter of my novel!' and didn't bother warning people. It made the book a little longer. Yes, I've bought an 8,000 worder before and the actually story was less than 3,000 words.:(

These are the things I want to cover with my reviews. Is the author giving a fair deal? That's what I'm here for. So if you like short stories and are wondering whether it's yeah or nay, look for my reviews.

I will also let you know how long it took me to read. I'm a little faster than the average reader, but not by much. I won't go into details though. The options will be:
 Less than 10
10
30
45
an hour
Longer than an hour


If anything runs over an hour, there's no way it's a short story to me. It's gone into a longer reading category.

I will be getting some genre categories on the side when I begin. This site will have a little bit of everything. Hope you enjoy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment